Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Molding and Shaping

A deep voice is coming from the dining room.  It is familiar, but also so unfamiliar.  Something so new to me. 

It is my oldest son.   Talking with his study group about an assignment they are trying to complete for his Apologetics class.    My son is very quiet, reserved and introverted.  However, I have quickly come to realize that the entire group has given him the leadership reigns.   I know he did not volunteer for this because this is not his nature.   However, I am listening to him confidently facilitate this discussion.   

I would like to point out that I am not eavesdropping on him.  We are in our normal routine.  Since he works in the dining room whatever he does is pretty open.  

Still, it is unique to see this new side of him.   One of the members of their group has answered the question wrong.   He is the only one.   It would be easy to say, "You need to correct yours." but  I hear my son say, "I would like to hear more about what you are saying.  Clearly your opinion is different which means we all clearly have something to think about before we make our final submission."   In the end they guide this one around to realizing where he misunderstood.   However, it would have been so easy to dismiss him as wrong and go on.

Senior year have had so many moments where I have wanted to cry.  Today has been one of those days when I have seen how God is molding and shaping him in the man He wants to be.    Today was such a surprise.  I can't wait to see what else God uncovers in this amazing young man He has blessed me with. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

How sweet. You done good Mama! I hope mine turn out like yours!