Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year 2014: No Regrets


Every year when I think back on the previous year I realize the same thing:  if I had known what the year was going to hold I would have been scared to death.   That is probably why I don't make resolutions.   I know that each day of the year will hold enough challenges on its own without adding anymore to it.   I have been reading a few blogs while watching football with my husband over the past few days and noticed that many people are adopting a word for the coming year.

While we were in Fort Worth, one of the pastors preached a sermon on living the coming year to its fullest so that we had no regrets.   Something about that sermon just resonated with me.   

No regrets.  

Living each day to the fullest.  

That is not one word is it?   But it is definitely how I feel about 2014.   That and this Bible verse...


"He did what was right in the eyes of the LORD and followed completely the ways of his father David, not turning aside to the right or to the left."  2 Kings 22:2

 I can't think of any better way for someone to describe me:  that I did right in the eyes of the Lord?   What an awesome testimony.   That is definitely my prayer for 2014!

Happy New Year, my friends!

1 comment:

Rilda said...

Amen! What a awesome testimony.
May your prayers be answered as you find favor in the eyes of the Lord. *U*