Friday, April 8, 2011

Our Week In Review

In my life this week...
This week has gone by so quickly.    It started off with my boys spoiling me rotten for my birthday.    They gave me sweet cards and let me go eat sushi for lunch.     Sushi isn't in their vocabulary so that was truly an act of love for them.   

In our homeschool this week...
We have been on a snatch and grab schedule this week.    We snatch some time in random spots and grab some school work to do.       Little Guy has been studying the integumentary system in his anatomy and physiology class.    After his online lecture he asked me if I was albino since I sunburned so easily.    I thought that was pretty funny.    

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We took a trip home to Vicksburg on Tuesday and Wednesday.  My sister was gone on a business trip which means my parents had the twins by themselves for three full days.    That takes a lot of energy.   So we went over to help play and entertain.    

My favorite thing this week was...
Again it is a tie...
1.   Wednesday we had our next to last choir rehearsal for the Victory worship service this Sunday morning.     I can't begin to express what a time of worship this was.    It was amazing.    I love the fact that all of our choir rehearsals are times of worship, but this one was overwhelmingly so.   I can't wait for this Sunday morning's service.
2.  I went to see Terri Black speak last night at our church.    I love her books so much.     She is such a good writer and I was pleased to find out she speaks as well as she writes.      Her most recent book series is based on something that happened in her life with her own daughter, Michelle.     If you haven't read her latest book, Vicious Cycle.   Check it out!

What's working/not working for us...
The total lack of groceries right now.     I seriously have to take care of that problem today.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
It feels like we still have so much school work left to do before the end of this school year.   I am debating whether to "cram" or just keep working into the summer.    We usually try to do summer bridge work anyway so what is the difference with just continuing on with our regular curriculum?

Random photo, quote or thought...

 My Big Guy... Just sitting quietly in the cool morning air.
Right after this photo he looked up at me and said, "I love you, Mom."

No comments: