Friday, April 1, 2011

Our Week In Review

In my life this week...
I can sum it up in one word:  sick.      My body rebelled against me in a major way Monday night and I wasn't able to get up out of the bed all day Tuesday.     Fibromyalgia rarely gets me down that bad, but it sucker punched me pretty good.    I have big plans to make a trip to the grocery store today, but that is if I still have energy after taking a shower.  

In our homeschool this week...
We have been on Spring Break this week.   Thank goodness!    Of course, I have felt major guilty about not providing much fun for the guys.     However, when I was apologizing to them they both said, "We have been having fun playing Minecraft!"    Minecraft is an online building game.    With my being sick they have been able to play non-stop for days which is their idea of FUN! 

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We have a big weekend!   The boys have their first 4H shooting competition tomorrow.    Ignoring the fact we have to be there at 7:30, I can't wait to see the boys compete.      Also, our sweet friend, Daniel is coming home from Alabama to visit.   He is going to school and we are "homesick" to see him.     So, I have GOT to continue to feel better.  

My favorite thing this week was...
It is a tie...
1.    We got to spend all day Monday with my sweet twin  nieces.    Love, love, loved that!    Every time I am with them it reminds me of my own boys at that age.  
2.    I am so grateful for the kind, generous hearts that my boys have.     While I have been sick, my hubs has been out of town traveling.     My boys have not only completely taken care of themselves, but they have taken care of me.    On Tuesday when I couldn't even get out of bed, they constantly came in to ask if they could get me anything.     I love them for how sweet they are to me.

What's working/not working for us...
The total lack of groceries right now.     I seriously have to take care of that problem today.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...
Back to the routine next week.    Part of me is ready to get this year finished and part of me is ready for summer!

Random photo, quote or thought...


4 comments:

Allison said...

I hope that this weekend is a complete turnaround for you as far as how you feel and that you can enjoy all that you have going on. If I lived closer, I'd go get your groceries. =)

Just think, not too much longer and Big Guy can take care of that for you!

Crystal said...

I hope you feel better and have some fun over the weekend! My husband plays Minecraft too. It looks like a fun game :-) Good luck to your boys in their competition!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I am so sorry you've been feeling so bad... hope you've gotten some rest and maybe the fibro is getting better and you're feeling better. Hang in there, and know there are good days ahead :)

The JR said...

Sorry you felt so bad.

Good luck at the contest!