Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 4 - What You Imagine Paradise To Be Like

When you say the word paradise my mind says heaven.      

Imagine heaven.   

Living with God.  

Forever.

When I look around at the beauty of this earth sometimes it is overwhelming.     God took seven days to create the incredible beauty of this earth.

When I think about the fact that when Jesus left this earth he said, "I go to prepare a place for you." and the time that has passed between that statement and now.      How could I possibly imagine the incredible beauty and paradise that will be heaven?

I feel MercyMe said it best in their song "I Can Only Imagine"...

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in honour of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

2 comments:

Patti Lacy said...

When the troubles of this world press in, I do think of heaven with Jesus in an abstract sense...and pray that I am preparing for that next life.

GREAT post.

Erin said...

We have the same vision. Good to know. Even referenced the same song. This is fun, even though I'm skipping out on part of it!