Friday, July 16, 2010

Bibleman: Combating the Commandment of Confusion


A dastardly villain plots to steal the armor of God.

The Commandant of Confusion and his side kick, Chaos, interrupt the Bible Adventure Training Academy and steal the Bible Team’s secret weapon, which helps them put on the full armor of God “anytime, anyplace.” There is a warning label on the secret weapon that reads in part, “this device contains the most powerful weapon known to man, follow instructions closely to prevent severe harm.” Will the Commandant heed the warning? Will the Bible Adventure Team recover it?

Scripture lesson: “God is not a God of confusion but a God of peace.” 1 Corinthians 14:33 (ICB)

Review

When the boys were younger we would always stock up on the newest Bibleman videos when we were going on any type of trips.    They LOVED Bibleman videos and I loved the fact that every episode taught a Scriptural truth.    When I was offered the chance to review this new DVD, I accepted the opportunity because I knew the boys would get a kick out of seeing a new episode and I would love to share it with a friend.

We were all really disappointed that this wasn't a true episode, but a LIVE show.      There isn't necessarily anything wrong with a LIVE show except that the recording wasn't a very quality recording.     I asked my boys to watch this and they did, but they both said they preferred the original Bibleman to this.

I still LOVE the premise of Bibleman.     He uses the "sword of truth" to fight his battles.      Every episode has an amazing Scripture basis.       However, if you are wanting to create a Bibleman fan I wouldn't start with this video.

No comments: