Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Huge Welcome Home

My guys and my husband's brother, also known as Uncle Randy, drove to Clemson this past week for my nephew's graduation.      They left Thursday morning and did not get home until Sunday night.      

I missed them so much while they were gone.    On Saturday morning I woke up and started thinking about the things I wanted to do to prepare for their arrival home.     I wanted to do a little house cleaning, put fresh sheets on their beds, make a special supper and dessert, put up welcome signs on the doors and around the house.     I wanted to make sure their favorite drinks were in the refrigerator and cold after their long drive.     

I haven't totally gotten my strength back from being sick so it took me most of Saturday and part of Sunday to get those things done.     At one point during my "preparation" process, I was reminded of the verse in the Bible where Jesus says:

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, 
I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
John 14:3
If I was doing this much work to welcome my sweet guys home after being gone for just four days, imagine the love and preparation Jesus is going through to welcome us into heaven?   

That thought is just overwhelming to me.   

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.

Shelby said...

I love it! That degree of love just completely blows me away.

And your guys are so blessed to have you (yes, I know you'll say YOU'RE the blessed one).

Patti Lacy said...

You are soooo amazing.
Thanks for sharing a wonderful scripture as I leave MY BOYS (60 and 22) for three weeks.

Love you, Deanna.
P

Allison said...

Awww. You are such a sweet Mama. I can't wait to see how Jesus has prepared for us!!! Gonna be awesome!

Dr. Wifey said...

*making mental "momma" notes for my little Addison* :)