Friday, February 19, 2010

The Long Way Home

From Edgar Award winning and best-selling author Andrew Klavan comes the second novel in the Homelanders series.

Charlie West was an ordinary high school kid who went to bed one night and woke up in the clutches of terrorists and wanted by the police for murder.

Now, with both the terrorists and the cops on his trail, Charlie makes his way home to find some answers. Holed up in an abandoned mansion, Charlie is joined by his high school buddies as he tries to find the truth about a murder he can't remember--and recover the love he can't forget.

"A thriller that reads like a teenage version of 24...an adrenaline-pumping adventure." 

Book Description:
As soon as I saw the review quote that said this was a thriller that read like a teenage version of 24, I knew I had to request this book.   Not only for me, but for my husband and son.     My husband and I are HUGE fans of 24.   My son doesn't watch, but I knew he would love a book with that kind of action.   

My husband actually read this before me and judging by the fact that he read this every time he had a free second, I believe he agrees with me, this is an action packed book from beginning to end.     Despite the fact this was the second book in a series, I did not feel as though I was trying to fill in gaps in the story line perhaps due to all the flashbacks that were provided.

 Charlie West, the main character, has been thrown into an adult world despite being a teenager.     It is an action packed, wild ride considering he can't remember the previous year and somehow during that year he became involved with terrorists.    Hoping to find answers to what has gone on, he returns to his home to find answers.

My advice to you is to read this quick before your family grabs it or you may be in a long line before you get your chance!

1 comment:

Patti Lacy said...

That is so cool that y'all all can enjoy it!

Our family has done that with only a few select books. Sob. I'm jealous!!!
Patti