Thursday, December 24, 2009

Homemade Christmas

**spoiler alert... If you are in our family you will be seeing "gifts" in this post!**

Like so many, our finances are very tight this year.       Hubs' job has taken some major hits.    However, as always, God is so good to us.       The boys and I have always enjoyed doing crafts together and being able to make crafts for our family is even more fun.    

While we were cleaning out for our garage sale I found a stash of ornaments I bought last year to try to decorate for our family for this year.      We have had a blast painting and decorating ornaments for our family.


an iPod snowman for my iPod crazy Big Guy


a chef ornament for my cooking crazy Little Guy



a baseball cap wearing snowman for my sweet little nephew, L
(Yes.  It drives me crazy that there is a brush bristle in the paint,
but it is dry now so I can't do anything about it!)


Just one of the snowgirls I painted for my twin nieces.

Speaking of my nieces and nephew.   Earlier this summer, I was browsing the clearance section of Michaels.
Clearance sections... be still my heart.   They had animal alphabet cards.    One of the sets looked like this.   I loved the fact that the animals were unusual instead of your usual d is for dog.




They said they were for scrapbooking, but I immediately had an idea.    Why not make books for my sweet babies?    A little laminating, some binder rings and some ribbon and here is what I will be giving my sweeties  Christmas...




 
I hope they enjoy them as much as I do.     I wish I had had something like this for Big Guy and Little Guy when we were little.    I think it would have been fun to have books like these to tuck into their car seat or the diaper bag.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Those are all ADORABLE!! I want one too! " )

I guess you could say we had a homemade Christmas too, because we made a bun in my oven!! *snort*

YIPEEEEE!!!

Merry Christmas my friend!

Taylor & Krisa said...

We love the ornaments and the alphabet flash cards!! Thank you for such personal and thoughtful gifts!