Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Closer

The Love Dare challenged individuals to love their spouse more. Quiet Conversations for Couples shows wives and husbands how to grow that love together. Introduced with Scripture verses and engaging stories, these 52 devotionals will inspire couples to draw closer through faith conversations--those quiet talks so vital for emotional and spiritual intimacy in a marriage. Guided, practical action steps round out each reading.

Book Review: Each New Year's Eve, I give our boys a new devotional book. Last year I bought The Love Dare for my husband and I to work through. Meant to be a 40 day journey, it took us much longer to do. I won't confess to you how long though. Ha! As I was reading the publisher's packet information about this book I liked what he said about he and his wife having a hard time finding a devotional method that worked for them. And they had been married for almost 40 years! That made me feel much better as my husband and I have struggled with finding our niche in this area too. We love to talk and discuss anything, but finding a devotional method that we are comfortable... well, it just hasn't meshed out yet. I am excited to present this book to my sweet husband on New Year's Eve and work through the devotionals each week through the year.

No comments: