Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me, Myself & Lies - Week 1


I recently ended the first week of the Bible Study, Me, Myself & Lies.    I was immediately drawn to this Bible study when it was described as a "thought closet makeover".     Author Jennifer Rothschild wrote this study to encourage women to clean out the junk that is negative thoughts and failures with positive truths from God's word.   

Some of my favorite points from the week:
*  Our words have influence, but only God’s words have power.
*  Who I am and what I struggle with are not the same thing.
*  Calling yourself negative names is a sin and hurts God.
*  The truth is always gracious and authoritative. Likewise, to be like Christ is to be full of grace and truth.
*  WHAT YOU TUCK INTO YOUR CLOSET WILL BECOME THE WARDROBE OF YOUR
LIFE!  


I am working on Week 2 right now.    It is all about labels.      

1 comment:

Dr. Wifey said...

this is a great study!