Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Offworld


"Every Person on This Planet Has Disappeared."

Commander Christopher Burke and his crew are humanity's greatest explorers. They've finished their mission on the red dirt of Mars and now they just want to get back to Earth. To see friends, family, and loved ones. To be home. But even with communication to ground control cut and a perilous landing, nothing could prepare the crew for what they discover when they step foot back on planet Earth.

Everyone...everywhere...is gone.

It's not a dream. It's not a trick. Now Burke and his team have one mission:find out who or what is behind the disappearance of all mankind.

If you would like to read the first chapter of Offworld, go HERE

Book Review: This book fits more into the sci-fi category than the Christian fiction category in my opinion. When I first read the book description I automatically thought this book might fall into the vein as that of "Left Behind" or others like that. Thankfully, it did not, as I am not a fan of that series.

Action packed sequences kept me turning pages until I got to the end of the book. Although they might not quite enjoy the well developed characters like I did, I could imagine both my husband and son enjoying this book.

As I read this book, I wondered just how much Parrish had watched the television show "Lost" while writing this book and it had simple aspects of that show.

If you are a sci-fi junkie or know a sci-fi junkie then this book will definitely appeal to you!

1 comment: