Wednesday, June 3, 2009

100 Bible Stories 100 Bible Songs


In Review: I had way too much fun reviewing this book/CD combination as part of my blogger review for Thomas Nelson Publishing. The first thing I did was pop in one of the two CD's and start listening to all the adorable music. Such a great trip down memory lane of my years in Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and church camps.

Each Bible Story is paired with a song which means that auditory learners and visual learners have three distinct ways to "hide God's Word in their heart": through listening to music, listening to parent's read, and looking at the pictures.

Just a few of the songs:

My God Is So Big
I'm In The Lord's Army
Do Lord
Father Abraham
Whisper A Prayer
This Is My Father's World
Down By The Riverside
The Wise Man Built His House Upon The Rock
I Love Him Better Every D-A-Y
Zaccheus
Deep and Wide
You Can't Get To Heaven On Roller Skates

Although out of the norm, I have to applaud the authors for the way the Table of Contents is set up. The 100 stories are broken out into Old and New Testament and are listed according to Story Name, Bible Verse, Song Name and Page Number.

The publisher's recommended age for this book is 4-8; however, I believe that is quite high. I have a 7 year old and he called this a baby book. I more see this as a bedtime or story time book for more toddler aged children.

I can't wait to give this book to my two six month old twin nieces for my sister to play for them as they go to sleep each night and then for her to read to them as they get older.

Book Description: 100 Bible Stories will soon be hidden in your child's heart and bursting out in song. From Genesis and Revelation to Psalms, Proverbs, and Jesus' parables, children will read their favorite Bible story and sing their favorite Bible song. Bible truths and Life Action Applications will help your child take these Biblical teachings to heart. 100 kid-friendly Bible stories, with adorable illustrations, are paired with two awesome CDs filled with 100 new arrangements of more than two hours of favorite songs, hymns, and spirituals. It's a unique experience the whole family will enjoy!

3 comments:

The Haymans said...

I want that for Brody! He goes to sleep every night with Lullabible!

HEATHER said...

I have the older version of this for Paddy and he loves it. We have used it in our homeschooling.

Taylor & Krisa said...

yay! I was just about to say I want a copy of that!