Wednesday, May 27, 2009

WFW: Lack of Knowledge

We have been enjoying a wonderful week on the beach. I can't tell you how much we have needed this time together. Lazy mornings. Going to the beach and playing in the sand, collecting shells, building castles, splashing in the waves, etc.... It should have been totally relaxing, but for some reason I can't ever turn off my Mommy radar.

You see, the red flags were flying which meant that there were very strong undercurrents and very unsafe water conditions today. One Mom sitting near us had a two year old who was wearing a life vest but he chose to take it off. He kept running to the waves and I kept standing there on edge and waiting to jump in to rescue him. All the while his Mom kept saying as she read her book, "Honey, you might need your life vest."

As we walked back to our condo a couple of teenagers were grilling on their condo and the flames were getting quite high. There are signs everywhere saying it is illegal to grill anywhere but on the grills outside in the open areas, but apparently these girls failed to notice these signs.

I just couldn't help but think of this verse from Hosea in each of these instances. How many people are being destroyed today for lack of knowledge? Not about water conditions or fire safety, but about God's Word and His will for us.

When I look at our Country right now, I worry that it is a lot of people and its leadership.

6 comments:

black betty said...

what a stupid mother. i'm sorry, but people like that should not be allowed to reproduce.

thank you for this today. i really needed to hear it. xoxo

Dr. Wifey said...

i witnessed the same things at the beach this weekend, and even my "mommy" radar was on high alert!

From the Doghouse said...

I'm with you.

Carrie said...

My goodness! So TRUE!!!

Sharon said...

Yes I know when I go to the beach it's the same thing, and I think those things will never change, sad but true.

There are alot of unsaved and confused people out there, isn't it.
Great share

crittyjoy said...

something to really think about. How many times do we do things out of our own selfishness. A great reminder to think about.

Enjoy your vacation :)