Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rockin' Out!

We love music.     One of my favorite things about this house when we were looking was that it had a built in surround system through out the house and in the carport.     We can turn on the stereo system and have it blaring everywhere.      Occasionally, I have to put my foot down and tell them enough with the crazy, stomping, rock music, but for the most part we all enjoy the same music.

We have a list of favorites:   Third DayPillarJeremy Camp, Jars of ClayTenth Avenue NorthToby MacNewsboysCasting CrownsMercy MeAudio AdrenalineSwitchfootBuilding 429...  I could go on and on and on.   We literally have 100's of CD's of great music.  

But when Skillet, Disciple  and Decyfer Down announced they were coming to town my boys were ecstatic.   I bought them tickets as gifts for Valentine's Day.     They almost couldn't stand having to wait until the April Concert date.

When the day came Big Guy woke up not feeling too well.    When he came home from school he said that he couldn't go to the concert because he was feeling so badly (I knew that was a bad sign and later found he had bronchitis.)     We told Little Guy he could invite a friend so he called his best friend, J, to go with him.   J also loves all these groups.   (Ignore the dates.... going to have to convince hubs to figure out the camera!!)


Concert pics Little Guy took... I thought he did a good job!


 
This pic cracked me up... Holding up their cell phones!!
 
 Time for some refreshment and a trip to the t-shirt stand....

 
 
Next concert... Atlanta Fest!!  

8 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Did he bring Big Guy something back from the concert?

Deanna said...

As a matter of fact he did. He bought him home a great Skillet t-shirt.

Carrie said...

That looks like SO much fun! What lucky little fellas!!

K Storm said...

Fun times!

Unknown said...

Those boys are so cute. I can't stand it : ). I don't think I know who Skillet is. Whoever he is, I know he has to be cool with a name like Skillet : )

AM said...

Skillet rockx! Atlantafest is SO fun....and getting to hang out in the park with the musicians is pretty rockin' too!!!

black betty said...

looks like y'all had some fun!!! :D

Shelby said...

Looks like LG and his pal had a grand old time. I feel bad that Big Guy had to miss it. I have never heard of some of these groups so now I'm on a mission to hear their music!

Atlantafest is a little rich for my blood this year but boy does it look like it's worth saving for for next year! PLUS -- it's in Atlanta where my family is! Can anyone say vacay 2010???

PS Maybe you should be the one to set the date and time for the camera? In these parts, that's about the only way it's gonna get done!