Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do You Floss?

I survived going to the dentist this morning. Ha! Actually, it wasn't that bad because it was just my routine cleaning which means I get to see Suzanne. She is an AMAZING dental hygienist and after my last cleaning I discovered she is also a fellow blogger. So when I got there this morning we had a lot to chat about.

You have to understand why I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Suzanne so much. I have been petrified of the dentist since I was little. Long story... let's just say REALLY bad experience. If there is a horror film about dentists then my childhood dentist was the star.

The first time I saw Suzanne, hubs went with me, I had to take anti-anxiety medication and I was gripping the arms of her chair so hard I think she had to replace them. I think she had to say, "Please open wide." at least 500 times. Donald went with me every time until last time when Little Guy went with me. Today I went to the dentist for the first time EVER by myself. I know this sounds ridiculous, but you would have to know how petrified I was. Even Suzanne was proud. She said she was going to give me a GOLD STAR! (I am going to settle for meeting for coffee at Barnes & Noble!!)

OR

I may make her hold my hand when I have to go back Thursday for my crown. i grind my teeth really badly. I wear a mouth guard at night and I still grind my teeth. Bad enough that I cracked ANOTHER tooth. So, I have to go back Thursday and get that taken care of. My fear of going to see Suzanne is well taken care of.... my fear of seeing my actual dentist. Not so much.

Oh, hubs! Clear the schedule! I need someone to hold my hand!


P.S. Hey, Suzanne! Your sneak peak for tomorrow is.... "Choose your side of the bed!" Psalm 113

7 comments:

Sharon said...

To funny, I am petrified of the dentist too. It's not a fun thing by no means... but gosh what they know today sure makes things alot easier.
Have a good week my friend
Hugggsss
Sharon

Kayra said...

I'm terrified too. I started seeing a new dentist a few months ago. Everyone was so nice, and he actually made me feel at ease. Not so cared anymore but still get pretty worked up over a cleaning

Confessions of A Mississippi Mom said...

I with ya girl! I hate any kinda of dental work. And I really hate having to have any kind of major work done like crowns .... So I'm praying for ya

BTW I stopped by suz page and I love her blog too.. seems like a nice lady :)

mayberry said...

Take deep breaths. It will all be ok. I think having braces totally cured me of dental fears.

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Few things in life are scarier than going to the dentist. I usually like to bring my mace with me . . . just in case. :)

Dr. Wifey said...

how funny, i went to the dentist today too! i had to get a temporary crown on the tooth that I had the root canal on. ugh. i am always a big ball of anxiety when i go

Carrie said...

I used to be crazy no-novacaine kid, but then I had a bad wisdom tooth experience and it wrecked me for a while!

My dentist I have now confirmed my suspicion by telling me I was being a chicken when I asked him if I could get knocked out to remove the other wisdom tooth!

He took it out in 10 minutes and the last one took 1 1/2 hours...