Saturday, October 18, 2008

Christmas Bargains

Big Guy went to a birthday party this afternoon so while he was there I decided to use the time doing a little Christmas shopping.

I went into Lifeway and saw that they were offering Prince Caspian, the movie, for a special pre-buy offer of $19.99. If you bought the movie, they gave you two $5.00 gift cards. That was like getting the movie for only $9.99!

A great bargain and a great movie to put in one of the boy's stockings.

Also...

I went into Toys 'R' Us and they had all of their games for the various game systems buy 2 get 1 free. My boys and my nephew all have Nintendo DS's. They also have a XBox 360. I took advantage of this sale to get them a new game for Christmas.

3 comments:

K Storm said...

I saw that Toys r us offer when I was online making a game list for our kids. DS, Wii games are certainly something we will be getting this year.

Tommy, Suzanne, and Mary Peyton said...

don't you love that!!! i'm one of the crazies that buys everything a year in advance - i go the day after Christmas and buy for the next year. that way, when it's this time of year and people are saying things like, "i haven't even THOUGHT about it" or "i'll wait 'til december", i just laugh and know that mine's done and i got it for sometimes up to 90% off of what they will pay!!!

Dr. Wifey said...

hope you got them Guitar Hero for the Xbox 360! LOL