Sunday, August 31, 2008

When Fay Came Through...

When Hurricane Fay came through it took down part of a tree and a small portion of our fence. Tonight I am keeping my eye on Hurricane Gustav and remembering Katrina and watching our shutters being sucked out of the brick and flying through the air. Oh, man, no amount of cooking, cleaning or stocking up of supplies can get you mentally prepared to do this again.

Big Guy watched from a safe distance (out of the rain). He is approaching this storm the same way.

I think we are all getting ready in our own way. Boys are playing to stay busy and stay out of the way of their crazy Mom. Dad is checking to make sure everything is secure and I'm just checking, checking, checking.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are definrtely in my prayers sweetie... Gosh I feel so unhelpful.. but I am praying.

Dr. Wifey said...

my parents bought a generator today, getting prepared for no electricity again...(thank GOD that was all they suffered during Katrina). Praying for all on the Gulf Coast and in the path of Gustav

Buckaroo Banzai said...

Be safe and report back when you can. Prayers going up!

Trooper Thorn said...

It's the waiting that's a killer. The Red River flooding in Manitoba was like that every year. It's coming and there's nothing we can do.....