Friday, May 16, 2008

National Bike To Work Day

Did you know that today is National Bike To Work Day? What a great day for it. After several days of rain, the weather is perfect to strap on your bike helmet and bike to work. Of course, we are lucky because we live relatively close to our boy's schools and my husband's work and Ridgeland is installing bike trails all over the place so it is very bicycle friendly. For some, like my sister who drives from Clinton to Vicksburg, biking would definitely pose some hazards and require leaving REALLY early.

When I checked the national website, there are not currently any activities listed under Mississippi, but I am sure that Mayor McGee will change that with the opening of all of our bicycle trails.

Whether you bike to work today or not, I hope today is great for you. It's FRIDAY!

3 comments:

Webmaster said...

I wish I could bike to work. Aside from the sheer distance, though, I'm afraid those morons on I-55 would cream me.

Deanna said...

Aside from needing oxygen, I would try it too!

Jennifer Carter said...

I can't imagine riding a bike from Morton to Jackson.