Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not A Survivor

I would never cut it as a contestant on Survivor. One day without a bath and I would be begging them to let me go home. I just can't stand that sweaty, gritty, nasty feeling. I don't know how those people stand to be out there for 30 days without having a bath. Think about it. You know what it is like after one day at the beach. Everybody wants to be first into the shower after a day of salt water, sunscreen and sweat. I don't even want to talk about what it must smell like without no deodorant, teeth brushing or soap.

Today I volunteered at Todd's school helping the p.e. coach with a p.e. event. We were outside all day. It was a blast, but when I got home I was sweaty and all I wanted to do was take a shower. I just didn't feel human.

Live on an island without taking a shower for 30 days? Not even for a million dollars!!

1 comment:

HEATHER said...

Amen, sister!!
For me "roughing it" means staying at the Motel 6 without an in room coffee pot!
I did all of that camping with the Girl Scouts when I was little and I don't need to do it now.