Monday, April 28, 2008

Just Finished Reading: Dead Don't Dance



My friend, Sheri, wrote me a note on Facebook and told me I had to read this book. Sheri has great taste in book so I immediately requested it from the library. I found a quiet evening, got a cup of coffee and started to read. After the first couple of pages, I was torn between writing Sheri an email or just calling her to fuss about recommending a book that began so sad. However, since I know Sheri I know that she has this weird habit. She reads the ending to books before she reads a book to know if she wants to read it. That would kill it for me, but her theory is she doesn't want to waste her time if the ending is bad. Sounds logical? So with that in mind I figured the book was going to get better. The writing was amazing! I am really glad Sheri told me to read this and I am going to look for more Charles Martin books.


Description: A sleepy rural town in South Carolina. The end of summer and a baby about to be born. But in the midst of hope and celebration comes unexpected tragedy, and Dylan Styles must come to terms with how much he’s lost. Will the music of his heart be stilled forever-or will he choose to dance with life once more, in spite of sorrow and heartbreak?

No comments: