Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday School

It is Sunday morning and after our morning welcome activity, I gathered all of the children around me to begin our morning's lesson. I was so excited because I had mini activities planned for each day of the Holy Week. The first question I asked was, "Do you know what this week is?" A few said, "Easter". My second question: "Do you know what is so special about Easter?" Every child in the room answered: "It is when the Easter bunny comes!!!!"

Not one child answered anything about the true meaning of Easter. For the rest of the class I tried to show those sweet little children through foot washing, real nails, bread and juice, and other things that Easter is truly special.

Easter is NOT about peter cottontail jumping down the bunny trail! GRRRRRRR!!

No comments: